Jump to content
Der Wille Zur Macht
Sign in to follow this  
  • entry
    1
  • comments
    21
  • views
    70

When It Rains, It Pours Layoffs

Sign in to follow this  
Goldenforce772

124 views

*So here I was, minding my own business when Samus informs me of the massive layoffs that just went on over at Activision Blizzard. You remember them, don't you? The antagonists of FOREVER GOLDEN, and the ones whose guild masters and other GMs chased a lot of us out. Well, first, let me start this off by saying I feel for those who got a layoff. Maybe they'll get jobs in places where the companies will appreciate them more than Blizzard ever did. Blizzard only cares about two things: money and maintaining a bully-friendly environment. Let me remind all the new people reading this why yours truly, Samus and the more experienced people hate that company: in 2011, a creep named Andrew Rotramel conspired to force us out by any means necessary after Zenon exposed him for the rat he is. He started with Stargirl, who was the victim of a gold selling scam. Then it snowballed to the rest of us to the point where we left that hideous world of Azeroth on May 5, 2011. After some time, a lot of us settled in the far superior world of Norrath(EQ2) where we continue to hang our hats. However, from the stories I've been hearing, the nightmares wrought by Blizzard did not end with our departure. In fact, they got worse. And with each expansion released, the stories of people quitting in droves continued to come out. And now, this sick, twisted company wants to tell people that their games are going along fine in spite of the fact that they just layed off hundreds of people. That's hundreds of human beings with livelihoods that have now been put on hold. People want to say that EA is the worst gaming company on the planet. Maybe. Their sports games aren't what they used to be. But you don't see EA pulling the kind of crap we're now seeing with Blizzard. It's been almost 8 years since we walked out of WOW. I have never been happier that we did, especially in light of today's news.

  • Like 12
Sign in to follow this  


21 Comments


Recommended Comments

This makes what Telltale did look like a sunny day. I am more disgusted with Blizzard than ever. While I loved the Call Of Duty games, I will no longer touch them beyond the one I already have, Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare.

Share this comment


Link to comment
17 hours ago, Avenger K said:

Who needs sex when Blizzard will screw you without blinking?

A disgusting thought.

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
4 hours ago, Goldenforce772 said:

A disgusting thought.

What's worse than AIDS? Blizzard!

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Supergirl said:

What's worse than AIDS? Blizzard!

AGREE!

Share this comment


Link to comment

Activision Blizzard has a major defect. It's called stupidity and the inability to make intelligent decisions.

Share this comment


Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Zenon said:

Activision Blizzard has a major defect. It's called stupidity and the inability to make intelligent decisions.

And every time the issue of Blizzard comes up, my first instinct is to play the game that replaced theirs: EQ2.

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
2 hours ago, Goldenforce772 said:

And every time the issue of Blizzard comes up, my first instinct is to play the game that replaced theirs: EQ2.

I use to be heavy into World of Warcraft until 2011. I quit on July 4, 2011 to be exact. Blizzard put too much emphasis on the importance of endgame content and implying to play, you had to be the best. They used Hurricane Sandy to make money. I highly doubt that cinder kitten for Sandy victims was ever even given to help those affected by the monster storm. I was one of the worst affected. Me and my family lost our home. We lost everything. So if I am being honest here, this massive layoff comes as no shock.

Share this comment


Link to comment
15 hours ago, Alex Danvers said:

I use to be heavy into World of Warcraft until 2011. I quit on July 4, 2011 to be exact. Blizzard put too much emphasis on the importance of endgame content and implying to play, you had to be the best. They used Hurricane Sandy to make money. I highly doubt that cinder kitten for Sandy victims was ever even given to help those affected by the monster storm. I was one of the worst affected. Me and my family lost our home. We lost everything. So if I am being honest here, this massive layoff comes as no shock.

So you left two months after I did. My exit date was May 5, 2011. Cinco de Mayo.

Share this comment


Link to comment

My uncle just got a huge told you so from my mom  because he use to think Blizzard so so totes awesome.

Share this comment


Link to comment

Blizzard is scum. Those employees are worth more than extra concentration on World of Warcraft and their others stupid games.

Share this comment


Link to comment

No class! They lay off their very lifeblood. Now they're talking about all the "cool new things" for their games like Warcrack.

Share this comment


Link to comment
3 hours ago, Buffy said:

No class! They lay off their very lifeblood. Now they're talking about all the "cool new things" for their games like Warcrack.

That game makes me sick.

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment

Does Blizzard not appreciate anything? Oh wait, it's Blizzard. Of course they don't.

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 2/21/2019 at 9:46 PM, Goldenforce772 said:

That game makes me sick.

It also turns good people into something worse than drug addicts.

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 hour ago, Albedo P. said:

It also turns good people into something worse than drug addicts.

Exactly.

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...