Very smart choices. Here's some precautions that I urge.
1. Never give your address to someone you have never met face to face.
2. When meeting someone, insist on a public place.
3. If you give your phone number out to someone on a dating app, use a texting app. If they end up a creep, easy to lose them text wise. Just burn the number or use a different texting app until you can.
4. If a person is pushing hard to come over to your place after you tell them "not now", "another time", or "let's meet in public first" cease contact. They are likely someone that will try for more than some casual meet and greet.
5. Avoid giving out too much personal information.
6. If you send a picture of yourself, only send what you have posted on social media. If they try photoshopping your head on a nude body to blackmail you, you can more easily prove it.
7. Have a friend come along for your first meet and greet if you meet someone. Have them hang around close by watching.