Der Wille Zur Macht
Sign in to follow this  
Captain VG

Hurricane Florence

Hurricane Florence's potentially catastrophic path includes 'at-risk' nuclear power plants

Two at-risk nuclear power plants – one with the same design as the Fukushima plant – are in the center of Hurricane Florence’s path of destruction when it makes landfall later this week.

NOT GOOD!

The storm will pass directly over two nuclear power plants in North Carolina when it makes landfall late Thursday night or early Friday morning.

This is VERY BAD!!!

It’s predicted to directly pass over the Brunswick Nuclear Plant – about 30 miles south of Wilmington – as well as the Shearon Harris Nuclear Plant in New Hill, a town farther inland.

I hope they are prepared.

‘Extremely dangerous’ Hurricane Florence to be a ‘Mike Tyson punch to Carolina coast’

The hurricane, which was downgraded to a Category 3 early Wednesday afterrnoon, remains strong as it continues its approach to the U.S. Mid-Atlantic region with maximum sustained winds of 125 mph, the National Hurricane Center said in its 2 p.m. advisory. Florence was 435 miles southeast of Wilmington, North Carolina, and moving northwest at 16 mph.

It's expected to go back up to a Category 4 by Thursday morning.

I will pray for all those in its destructive path.

As Hurricane Florence barrels toward US, 'worst case scenario' simulation of Category 4 storm shows catastrophic devastation

A 15-foot storm surge, up to nine inches of rainfall in some areas, downed powerlines and widespread power loss would be among the devastating results of a Category 4 hurricane striking the Mid-Atlantic region head on, a recent simulation storm by FEMA concluded.

If this doesn't put the fear of God in those in its direct path, I don't know what will.

"What I fear is that saturation, combined with a storm that kind of stalls out," said Behr, who has studied vulnerable populations in the paths of Hurricane Katrina on the Gulf Coast and in the Hampton Roads region.

If the storm stalls with the eye over water as the hurricane lashes the east coast... THIS COULD BE SERIOUSLY BAD!!!

Hurricane Florence too strong for Charleston County shelters, residents will be transported elsewhere

With Hurricane Florence approaching the southeast, one of the largest counties along the South Carolina coastline will transport residents to neighboring counties because its shelters might not be safe enough withstand a Category 4 storm.

Not good... Not good at all... I pray for their safety.

Hurricane Florence to trigger mudslides? Why the storm's potential effect has scientists on edge

But the storm — said to be a once-in-a-generation event for residents in the Carolinas and Mid-Atlantic states — could also result in mudslides, due to the region’s topography, a meteorologist with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) National Hurricane Center warned.

Do I even want to know about what this could do?

Ahead of Hurricane Florence, Carolinians ignore calls to evacuate for financial, employment reasons

While still a few hundred miles from shore, Florence is expected to gain strength and turn back into a Category 4 storm.

VERY BAD...THIS IS VERY BAD...

For Charleston native Joshua Walker, waiting out a hurricane is something he was “raised dealing with” in the Lowcountry of South Carolina. He’s boarded up the windows at his house in downtown Charleston and prepared for possible flooding – something he says Charleston residents often deal with even when there’s not a hurricane – and plans to keep his bar, Wine & Company, open throughout the week.

I hope and pray the storm doens't kill him.