Der Wille Zur Macht

FFXI player "Surprise", of Ragnarok server, mocking Jason David Frank's death by suicide!!!!!!!!

Angie M

I logged on to Final Fantasy XI for the first time in a long time. I logged into my character on the Ragnarok server. I saw something in unity chat nearly right away that had me seeing red. This asshat was poking fun at Jason David Frank's death by suicide.

https://archive.ph/dQk7k (archived)

HYE16Bu.jpg

What kind of asshat calls someone lucky knowing they were suffering mentally and died by suicide?

I saw Surprise and checked his character. He was in the GuardiansOfRagnarok linkshell. It seems that LS is still full of asshats and drama.

I took to Reddit to make a post about this to raise awareness that suicide isn't funny or a joke.

https://archive.ph/HsiPD (archived)

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/z0m9h8/from_the_ragnatok_server/

What happened next is a bunch of FFXI players jumped all over me, attacking me! In simple terms these people were defending Suprise, of the Ragnarok server. Apparently if you're a well geared player, it gives you special privilege to mistreat others.

Edited by Blue Testament
Changed title
  • Like 9
  • Super Like 2
  • Thx 2
  • Confused 2
  • OMG 3
  • WTF 8
  • Scary 3
  • Agree 1

pdq16iE.jpg

• Angie M changed the title to Mocking Jason David Frank's death by suicide!!!!!!!!
3 hours ago, Goldenforce772 said:

That game is full of scumbags. That's why I don't play it anymore. 

So is the FFXI subreddit. You might find 1 or 2 good people out of every 10. It seems there, mocking suicide is okay.

• Like 4
  • Thx 1
  • Agree 1

"Don't be so surprised; this is the power of will, a fundamental power that exists within everyone. What you are witnessing is simply your perception of it. And you know what? Perception and pain are but one and the same. So... go ahead... Feel my pain for yourself!"

55 minutes ago, Black Beauty said:

Don't be shocked. I'm not Surprise is like that.

I've heard about him too. I thought it was rumors until this.

• Like 6
  • Super Like 1
  • Thx 1

"Don't be so surprised; this is the power of will, a fundamental power that exists within everyone. What you are witnessing is simply your perception of it. And you know what? Perception and pain are but one and the same. So... go ahead... Feel my pain for yourself!"

• Blue Testament changed the title to FFXI player "Surprise", of Ragnarok server, mocking Jason David Frank's death by suicide!!!!!!!!
2 hours ago, Blue Testament said:

Why should you be surprised? The FFXI subreddit forum is full of trolls.

As for Surprise, mocking a suicide is not okay.

It says alot about what kind of person he is, doesn't it?

• Like 7
  • Super Like 1
  • Agree 1

pdq16iE.jpg